The Main Display Screen of the CHEMTROL® CT2000 Programmable Controller shows the values of the key operational parameters, current settings and system status. pH is displayed only if the option pHCT is included on the controller.
NOTE: Several of the menus and submenus of the CHEMTROL® CT2000 extend beyond the four lines of the display. The additional lines are accessed by continuing to press the Down Arrow after reaching the bottom of the screen. The Up Arrow is used in the same way to display the upper lines.
The Main Display also gives direct access to all the menus and submenus. Navigation between the menus and inside the menus is easily accomplished with the four directional arrow keys. Numerical settings can be changed with the ten-key keypad.
Proper control of saturation and water balance is required to maintain water quality and to avoid the development of scaling or corrosive conditions.
The CONDUCTIVITY sensor monitors the concentration of dissolved solids by measuring the conductivity of the water. The data can be displayed either in conductivity units (microsiemens/cm) or in parts per million of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS). Based on the information provided by the sensor, the CHEMTROL® CT controllers automatically control the bleed valve to maintain the cooling water total dissolved solids within a user-defined range.
The data can be displayed either in
conductivity units (microsiemens/cm)
or in ppm of Total Dissolved Solids
(TDS), using an operator-selectable
The CONDUCTIVITY MENU allows monitoring and control of the Conductivity or TDS levels, with selection of:
- Bleed control mode
- Off (X)
- Manual Bleed (M)
- Automatic Bleed (A) in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
- Cycle Timer (T) with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Daily Schedule (S) with selectable daily intervals
- Sensor calibration in µs (microsiemens/cm) (1, 2 or 3 points)
- Control Setpoint in µs (microsiemens/cm)
- Low Alarm in µs (microsiemens/cm)
- High alarm in µs (microsiemens/cm)
- Time Limit with adjustable safety shutoff
- Run Time of bleed valve (in minutes) with display of current activation event and cummulative running time since last reset
- Scale Selection for sensor cell constant and TDS factor.
To avoid the development of corrosion, scale, or microbiological organisms and to limit the amount of suspended solids, CHEMICAL ADDITIVES - such as inhibitors, biocides, dispersants, etc. - must be added to the cooling water system. The CHEMTROL® CT2000 controller allows to feed up to 3 different chemicals independently. To maximize the effectiveness of the chemicals, each additive feed program features the choice of Single shot/Booster treatment and Bleed lockout with pre-bleed and pre-pH subfunctions.
"Additive 1" can be changed to actual
chemical names such as Inhibitor, Biocide,
Dispersant, etc. from a pre-determined list
in the model option menu.
Each ADDITIVE MENU allows control of the Additive feed pump, with selection of:
The LSI (Langelier Saturation Index) calculates the saturation condition from the pH and Temperature sensor inputs and from manual data entry for Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness. The water saturation condition is constantly displayed on the Main Screen as either "OK", "Scaling" or "Corrosive" using standard Langelier Index limits. If a scaling or corrosive condition develops, it is immediately indicated with a flashing display on the Main Screen. "What if" analyses can be run at any time by manually entering different values for alkalinity, calcium hardness, pH and temperature.
If a scaling or corrosive condition develops, it is immediately indicated with a flashing display on the Main Screen: "Scale" or "Corr". If the index is within user-defined limits, the Main Screen indicates "OK".
The SATURATION MENU is used for automatic calculation and display of the Langelier Index which monitors the Water Balance and Saturation conditions from:
- Alkalinity (default or manual input)
- Hardness (default or manual input)
- pH (sensor reading or manual input)
- Temperature (sensor reading or manual input)
When pH control is required (option pHCT), the CHEMTROL® CT2000 controller automatically adds the proper amount of acid or base to maintain the desired water pH level.
The pH MENU is used to select the pH control parameters
using either acid or base feed or both.
The pH MENU includes selection of:
- Feed mode:
- Off (X)
- Manual Feed (M)
- Automatic Feed (A) in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
- Cycle timer (T) with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Daily Schedule (S) with selectable daily intervals
- Sensor calibration in millivolts (choice of 1, 2 or 3 points),
- Control Setpoint in millivolts,
- Low Alarm in pH with optional buzzer and feed lockout,
- High alarm in pH with optional buzzer and feed lockout,
- Time Limit with adjustable overfeed safety shutoff,
- Run Time displays of current activation event and cummulative running time since last reset, as well as set-up of low chemical alarm for acid or base.
Temperature Sensor readings can be displayed either in degrees Farenheit or Celsius. The TEMPERATURE MENU is used to calibrate the temperature sensor using 1, 2 or 3-point calibration and to set high and low alarms.
The TEMPERATURE MENU is used to display the temperature of the water, using degrees Farenheit or Celsius.The TEMPERATURE MENU includes selection of:
- Sensor calibration (1, 2 or 3 points) in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius,
- Low Alarm in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius,
- High alarm in degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius.
The CONFIGURATION MENU is accessed from the Main Menu by pressing the down arrow after reaching the bottom of the screen. This menu is used to modify the configuration parameters for initialisation, operations and communications from their initial defaut values. These values can be changed at any time or restored to the original default values.
The CONFIGURATION MENU is used to modify the configuration parameters for initialisation, operations and communications from their initial defaut values.
These values can be changed at any time or restored to the original default values.The SETUP MENU includes selection of:
- Initial Setup
- Language (English, French or Spanish)
- Unit System (US or Metric)
- Date and Time
- Reading Averaging Rate
- Data Logging Rate
- Model Options
- Audible Alarms
- Bypass Line
- Saturation Index
- Printing of Reports
- Reset (Complete or Partial)
- Battery Voltage
- Dynamic Probe Failure Monitoring
- Unit identification
CT2000 Main Page Features Installation Remote Control Bid Specs
Go to Top