AUTOMATED CHLORINE TREATMENT
The following engineering specifications are recommended to architects and engineers for preparation of their Requests for Bids. In addition to this page, several formats are offered so that they can be easily printed directly on a printer (Acrobat Reader format) or inserted directly into bid documentations using the most common word processors.
CHEMTROL® A.C.T. Automatic Chloramine Treatment
SECTION - AUTOMATED CHLORAMINE TREATMENT (ACT)
A. The ACT program specified in this section is designed to improve air and water quality in natatoriums. The ACT program is compatible with any CHEMTROL® PC model controller. The ACT program is compatible with all forms of chlorine.
B. The ACT program shall be controlled by a CHEMTROL® PC________ PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLLER of current design and model manufactured by SANTA BARBARA CONTROL SYSTEMS of Santa Barbara, California or a technically equal system certified by the specifying agent as capable of providing equal performance for all operating functions.
C. Exceptions to the specifications shall be described in detail together with a list of ten (10) similar operating systems of same model and manufacture, with the name, address and telephone number of operating personnel.
A. EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: supplied by local CHEMTROL® Qualified Dealer.
1. CHEMTROL® PC controller as specified
2. Chemical feed pump and Chemical tank with agitator (sized for pool volume)
3. TAYLOR fas-dpd and Monopersulfate test kit (p/n K-1518)
4. One 5-gallon enzyme tank skid mounted with injection pump
5. One month supply of DUPONT OXONE and NATURAL CHEMISTRY POOL PERFECT ENZYME
B. FIELD TECHNICAL SUPPORT: supplied by local CHEMTROL® Qualified Dealer.
1. The CHEMTROL® Qualified Dealer will inspect the installation of all equipment, startup all equipment, and track the operation of the equipment. Complete operator training on all equipment shall be supplied.
2. The CHEMTROL® Qualified dealer shall track all chemical usage and perform on-site inspections for a period of three (3) months.
3. The CHEMTROL® Qualified dealer will remain available on a consulting basis or an annual service contract will be made available after the initial three (3) month service is complete.
CHEMTROL_PCact_spec - 11/2002