The CONDUCTIVITY MENU is used to monitor the concentration of dissolved solids in the water.
The data can be displayed either in
conductivity units (microsiemens/cm)
or in ppm of Total Dissolved Solids
(TDS), using an operator-selectable
The CONDUCTIVITY MENU includes allow monitoring and control of the conductivity or TDS levels, with selection of:
- Dump mode
- Manual Dump
- Auto Feed in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
- Timer with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Sensor calibration in µs (microsiemens) (1, 2 or 3 points)
- Control Setpoint in µs (microsiemens)
- Low Alarm in µs (microsiemens)
- High alarm in µs (microsiemens)
- Time Limit with adjustable overfeed safety shutoff
- Chemical Additions with daily programs for up to three different additives
- Scale Selection for TDS factor.
The CONDUCTIVITY MENU is used to set automatic replacemet (dumping or bleeding) of water when the conductivity becomes too high, selecting a control setpoint to activate the dump valve. Backfilling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
Up to three different types of chemical additives - such as inhibitor and biocides for cooling towers - can be programmed separately for automatic addition as a function of time, bleed activation, pH control activation or cumulative flow rate.
For more technical information, see Water Balance and Saturation.
PC6000 Main Screen PC3000 Main Screen
Go to Top