The TDS MENU is used to control the concentration of dissolved solids by measuring the conductivity of the water.
The data can be displayed either in
conductivity units (microsiemens/cm)
or in ppm of Total Dissolved Solids
(TDS), using an operator-selectable
The TDS MENU includes selection of:
- Dump mode
- Manual Dump
- Auto Feed in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
- Timer with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Sensor calibration in ppm (parts per million) or mg/l (milligrams per liter) (1, 2 or 3 points)
- Control Setpoint in ppm or mg/l
- Low Alarm in ppm or mg/l
- High alarm in ppm or mg/l
- Time Limit with adjustable overfeed safety shutoff
- Chemical Additions with daily programs for up to three different additives
- Scale Selection for TDS factor.
The TDS MENU is used to set automatic replacemet (dumping or bleeding) of water when the TDS level becomes too high, selecting a control setpoint to activate the dump valve. Backfilling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
Up to three different types of chemical additives - such as inhibitor and biocides for cooling towers - can be programmed separately for automatic addition as a function of time, bleed activation, pH control activation or cumulative flow rate.
For more technical information, see Water Balance and Saturation.
Go to Top