The TDS MENU is used to control the concentration of dissolved solids by measuring the conductivity of the water.
The data can be displayed either in conductivity units (microsiemens/cm) or in ppm of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS), using an operator-selectable conversion factor.
The TDS MENU includes selection of:
- Dump mode:
– Manual Dump
– Auto Feed in ON/OFF or Proportional modes with adjustable deadband and bandwidth
– Timer with adjustable ON and OFF cycles
- Sensor calibration in ppm (parts per million) or mg/l (milligrams per liter) (1, 2 or 3 points)
- Control Set-point in ppm or mg/l
- Low Alarm in ppm or mg/l
- High alarm in ppm or mg/l
- Time Limit with adjustable overfeed safety shutoff
- Chemical Additions with daily programs for up to three different additives
- Scale Selection for TDS factor.
The TDS MENU is used to set automatic replacement (dumping or bleeding) of water when the TDS level becomes too high, selecting a control set-point to activate the dump valve. Backfilling of water is done simultaneously with a level control activated valve.
Up to three different types of chemical additives – such as inhibitor and biocides for cooling towers – can be programmed separately for automatic addition as a function of time, bleed activation, pH control activation or cumulative flow rate.